Thursday, September 15, 2011

Dogs and Yarn

When I started writing this blog, I assumed I would have insightful things to say about politics and religion. But I've been going through old entries, and it turns out I only talk about dogs and yarn. Yarn and dogs. yarndogsyarncatsdogsyarndogs.

"Why?" I ask myself. "Don't I have anything relevant to contribute to the contentious issues of the day?"

"No," I answer myself. "Contentiousness is overrated."

Politics are frustrating. I keep working and volunteering for the causes and changes I believe in, but I can't afford the emotional energy it would take to argue about it every day. I find that the harder I work, the less interested I am in talking about it.

I love a good theological discussion, but those are better left to face-to-face conversations, right? I don't give a good gd whether you believe the same thing I believe as long as you leave me alone to believe it. I do, however, care deeply about convincing you to treat your pets well and that the superior drape of Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool is well worth the extra expense.

So. Dogs. Yarn. The occasional cat, and possibly a sunflower or two.

Whether you read me because you're interested in dogs and/or yarn, or because you're my friend and you're interested in what's going on in my little world, or because you're a student of psychiatry and you're using me as a class project (see aforementioned example of my tendency to talk to myself), it is what it is and this is what it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment